Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pre-M....pfffff is it hot or is it me?

Hola,
I realized last night for the first time that the heat I was feeling on my face and ears regularly, (like about now), chronic insomnia, mild depression, sadness and irritability, was not all to be laid down to the doors of the China question.. but perhaps pre-menopause. And lo and behold, an hour on the internet later, it was confirmed. Out of all the symptoms for perimenopause (the 8 years prior apparently), AND that my period are now all over the place, I am indeed smack in it.
I will schedule an appointment with an obgyn today, but I was wondering if you are having symptoms too, or just me. If yes, how do you cope? What is best to do? I just ordered some DHEA that a friend will ship me this week from New York, (half is for one of my friend that is desperately trying to have a baby at 42 to offset her diminishing hormones).
I read that I need to exercise. So Ok, I will start... but is there anything you do to make it feel better?
I cannot believe that I did not think of it. To boot, I found out this week that I have Lyme disease, cought most probably while hiking in the forest here this summer.... I am taking antibiotics so I will be fine apparently in about a week, but it brings on depression and fatigue as well. So soon, it will all get better, I can't wait.

I just turned 46, so no major surprise on the preM thing... but it is still a shock. (that and a baby that now started removing his diapers in the middle of the night and blissfully sleeps in a very cold and very wet bed... :-(
Let me know please

No comments:

Post a Comment